Mother’s Day is just around the corner! While mothers are amazing and deserve to be honored every day of the year, Mother’s Day is the perfect excuse to go all out and show the special women in our lives just how much we appreciate them.
Perhaps you’re like me and spend days, or weeks, racking your brain and scouring the internet for that perfect gift for your mama. You want something meaningful, thoughtful, and sentimental. Something that shows your mama that you are thinking about her, you care about her, and you are beyond grateful for all the ways she impacts your life. If this sounds anything like you then you have come to the right place!
Whether you are shopping for your mama or adding some items to your own Mother’s Day wish list, we’ve rounded up some gift ideas that are sure to make any mama feel appreciated. So, sit back and relax because we’re here to help you honor the special women in your life this Mother’s Day! We’ve divided our gift guide into three mini guides for different ‘types’ of mamas. We’ve curated a small set of gifts for newborn and expecting mamas, working mamas, and sentimental mamas.
While tangible gifts are wonderful, sometimes the most meaningful gestures are the totally free, from the heart gifts. Following our mini-guides you will find a list of ideas you can use to surprise and honor the mamas in your life without spending a dime (we’ll be updating this list throughout the week to include YOUR ideas as well)! Our hope is that this gift guide will make your life a bit easier by highlighting some thoughtful gift ideas that the mamas in your life are sure to love!
Newborn + Expecting Mama Gift Guide:
1. OVer Company Mama Robe | as a new or expecting mama, comfort is key. This incredibly soft, comfortable robe is nursing friendly and designed for moms on the go. Perfect for all stages of motherhood from pregnancy to postpartum and beyond. Bonus, it comes in the most adorable prints.
2. Rachel Allene 'these are the days' Ceramic Marble Mug | coffee quickly becomes every new mama’s best friend! Remind her that every day is a gift and these days are worth living as she gets her daily dose of caffeine from this beautiful hand lettered ceramic mug. Coffee always tastes better from a cute mug.
3. The First Forty Days | when a baby is born, they quickly become the star of the show. This book focuses on mamas and the lost art of caring for the mother after childbirth. The forty days following childbirth is an essential period of rest and recovery – this book will show her how it’s done.
4. The Fourth Trimester | a book that features a holistic approach to supporting mamas on their postpartum journey. This book covers everything from preparing for birth, to setting up your home to transition to motherhood, to postpartum emotions. An informative read for any new or expecting mama.
5. Max + Moose Pima Cotton Blankets | for new mamas, their newborn is their world. She wants to make sure her baby feels comfortable, secure, and safe at all times. Max + Moose’s swaddle blankets have a secret sauce of holding their swaddle all through the night! (Plus, a good swaddle might even afford her some extra sleep, and that’s the greatest gift of all!).
Working Mama Gift Guide:
1. Golden Coil Customizable Planner | mamas wear many hats. A Golden Coil Planner is the most practical and beautiful way to help the mamas in your life stay organized. Each planner is completely customizable (from the color of the cover to the layout of the pages) and will help her stay organized and stress-free. Fun fact, Golden Coil was born from the search for the perfect Mother’s Day gift!
2. Fawn Design Original | the perfect bag for moms on the go! This bag was designed with all stages of womanhood in mind and makes the perfect work bag, diaper bag, and travel bag. Made of faux leather and complete with many pockets to help her stay organized.
3. Candelles Candles | help her wind down and relax with a beautifully scented (and designed) candle from Candelles. These small-batch, hand-poured, soy candles are also eco-friendly so she can fully relax while watching her candle flicker.
4. Herbivore Soaking Salts Set & Herbivore Coconut Milk Bath Soak |for moms on the go, there is little that sounds more relaxing than a hot bath at the end of a long day. Take her bath time to the next level with a luxurious bath soak or salt set.
Sentimental Mama Gift Guide:
1. Made By Mary Jewelry |simple, delicate, and personalized jewelry that every mom is sure to love. Each piece is lovingly handmade and can be customized for the mamas in your life.
2. Promptly Journals App | make journaling easy and stress-free with a digital version of Promptly Journal’s beloved journals. The app comes complete with tailored prompts, customized entries, and digital notifications. The perfect way to make sure she can document those important memories and nothing is missed. It's perfect for the busy mom thats always on the go. She can keep all her favorite memories in one place.
3. Blossom + Pear Milestone Cards | make documenting those sweet milestones easy and beautiful with a collection of milestone cards. Each card has space to write milestone dates and can be stored in the keepsake drawstring bag or displayed in a baby journal.
4. Baby Blueprint Archival Custom Ultrasound Print | custom ultrasound prints that are made by hand using Cyanotype. A wonderful way to preserve and proudly display those precious ultrasound prints.
Gifts From the Heart
surprise her with breakfast in bed
let her sleep in way past her alarm (the kids!)
enlist the kids and create a handmade card for her
write her a list of 10 (or more!) things you love and appreciate about her
go wildflower picking with the kids and press a special flower for her